Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
drove all the way from luton to gloucester on sat to pick up a new(!!) 9000 cs carlsson, the car was in really good condition
couple of little bits need doing like pcv valve(hasn't got one!!
), couple of bits of paint ( wheel arches and spoiler ), and need to source leather<
the problem is on the 150 mile drive home it drove like a car that had done 75000 miles not 161000, i was well impressed but on acceleration the turbo hit 3/4 of the green marking on the boost gauge and wouldn't go any further, if you continued to accelerate it was like the turbo was pulses but couldn't boost fully.
has any body got any ideas , also one of the service receipts said that the car was only running base boost, is this the problem,what does this mean and can you cure it
thanks
mark
carlsson cd 2.0
carlsson cs 2.0

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi all
fogot to mention that there is a very loud buzzing coming from what seems like under the passenger side rear seat
i think that this is the fuel pump as it only does when the engine is running and goes off when you switch on the ignition
thanks
mark

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
If it's only running base boost then it requires either a new solenoid valve, actuator or APC unit! Buzzing under the passenger seat ... erm, IIRC that could be one of the following control modules: ABS, TCS, Jetronic (Fuel Injection).

Whatever it is, I hope it's a cheap fix.

Jason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.