Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 89 machine is feeling a little too settled on its springs and at 182k, I'm starting to shudder slightly over bumps. Is this around the right mileage for a change in springs and if so, does anyone have a similar experience I can learn from to source, buy and replace them?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Not much help I suggest, but at 161k my Carlsson is fine on originals but previous owner told me he would change springs 'soon'. That was Dec 2000 @ 150k.
To me the car is ok but maybe not to him. Why not let someone else try it or why not try another if you know of one?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I keep thinking the same. When I got my Carly it was on 169k and I thought I should change the spring/dampers but still havnt got round to it - now on 216k. When ever I drive a hire car (via work) I think that the Carly shudders over bumps - I think the real issue is the suspension rubbers rather than the springs and dampers. But there are a lot of rubbers so I think I'll just put up with it and think of it as a feature!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.