Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Well, they ran into 1992 with the CS and CD, although some of the later CD's didn't have bodykits. They stopped making the old CC hatch Carlsson in 1991.

So that car is definitely being mis-sold, it's just a boggo CSE IMHO.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Very strange. It's a CS(E) Auto, N-reg according to the ad. But it's got Anniversary 8-spokes on it, and appears to have AC instead of climate control I thought ACC was standard by '96?

And someone's nicked the radio.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hmm, log books and handbooks.

I had an insurance problem last year and my car was listed in the log book as a 9000 CS Turbo when it is in fact a 9000 CS Carlsson. After a minor claim the insurance company basically tried to refuse to pay up because the V5 and how I described the car did not tie up. Strangely this insurance company have had the car insured with them every year since it was new.
I have had to go to the local dealer in Southampton and get them to verify the car is a Carlsson and write a letter to the DVLA to get the V5 updated. DVLA were very helpful and have Carlssons listed but needed official dealer stamped paper to do it.
Anyway I went back to the insurance company with this and they have added 20% to the renewal quote as they claim the Carlsson is more dangerous.

The moral is that the car was insured with this company incorrectly from new because of a cock-up at the dealer who originally registered the car. Knowing insurance companies this would be an easy one for them to refuse to insure you in an accident saying the car was modified.

I would strongly urge owners of Carlssons to check their V5 says "Carlsson" on it and not just "Turbo". I had just assumed my V5 was correct.

Interestingly we have just bought a new 9-5 Linear Sport Estate and the same insurance company have got that car as a Linear and not a Linear Sport. My business with them has ceased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.