Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the number on your BPC valve. If you could also check if any of the 3 vaccuum connectors have bigger/smaller diameters? For example one of my connectors has a brass fitting in it to narrow hole....
Bill J told me (thanks Bill) that BPC valves are actually different:so just wanted to check mine was the Carly one (it was replaced a year ago-maybe wrong one?)
Thanks

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Does yours have any identifying marks on it? Also, which pipe has the restrictor in it, as it might be fitted to different pipes for different applications. I've seen that Euro Car Parts sells what I believe is the BPC valve, but I'll bet they're all the same from them. Yes, just checked and they list the same part for your Carlsson, my Aero, my 2.0LPT, a friend's '93 2.3T...

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
BPC - boost pressure control valve or solenoid is the same part regardles of model (Aero, Carlsson 2.3T, 2.0T etc) from at least 90 to 98 - p/n 7485576. The different boost pressure for the various models is obtained by a different ECU supplying different signals to the solenoid.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adrian-some differing opinions on this:some people have brass fitiings in - some don't, Bill J borrowed one for his aero-caused boost problems:thinks that BPC solenoid valves have different fittings/holes....causing different characteristics.......???
(Is that the corerct spelling?!)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Adrian-thanks-mine has brass fitting in it too-wondered if I had the wrong one-I'm clutching at straws for the solution to my boost problem.
Taking the brass fitting out creates a larger bore for air-would this increase performance? Wondering-Anybody done it?Noticed a difference?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts