Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive had 6 months away from Saabs, love the clk but miss the grunt so Im looking at another Carlsson 1990 2ltr in red same as the last one,for a project car Ive had a look at a few pictures its not got carlsson alloys on and the wing mirrors are black, all my others were the same colour as the bodywork, is that right?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ylee
thats making me think that this is a put together Carlsson wrong wheels, wrong mirrors

trouble is its about 250 miles away and with my job times tight this time of the year but the price is excellent and its only on 90k miles, looks like Im going to have to have a drive down, oh the other problem is Im hiding it from her indoors

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Yeah welcome back mpen.

I always though Carly mirrors were body coloured.

I finally got round to polishing and painting my Carly wheels (one set done one set to go). What did you put on the polished bit to keep it shinny?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chaps, I always thought they were coloured,can anybody else help with this one please.

Adrian I always used solvol autosol on the polished edges on my carlsson, in the winter months after polishing them I smeared vaseline on (until the wife got jealous)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Mark, I have currently one body coloured and one black coloured mirror on mine. And when some other ******** smashes the body coloured one in tesco car park.....I will have 2 black ones.
A possible explanation? Body coloured ones seem difficult to get hold of..........

·
Registered
98 Posts
Damn,

My genuine '91 2.3T Carly is on those same wheels 15's ? he's flogged the aeros just like the guy I got my car from did - for £200 !

Looks ok to me. Could be a re-body but thats about it - mine looks even less genuine, as a rear prang resulted in a used non decor panel bootlid being fitted and the spoiler retrofitted to that.

Mines gonna have a black mirror next week - they must be too brittle because the last inch has sheered clean off with a nice straight vertical end and no other damage.

I'm going for the lo-rent look with this one, do the mechanicals and weight and leave the body and wheels. Whats the Saab equivalent of the motorcycling worlds rat-bike?

"....Where'd that scruffy old Saab come from?"

ATB

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.