Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jig,

It's not that difficult as long as you've a decent set of spanners and are methodical.

I changed the oil (a gallon of halford fully synth 5W/40), oil filter and all seem very well.

To top it off, I bought 2 new tyres and refitted the 16" aero's on the front (instead of the 16" cross spokes).

Just needs a good wash now. Any offers??

The cross spokes are now to get the 2 very worn Bridgestone SO3's (2mm to 0mm) fitted with the 2mm on the outside for Goodwood on Feb 7th as dry track tyres

Andrew

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hello All,

I am building up to do my head gasket, 2 small oil leaks at both front corners, posts like this are great and has given me the confidence to go ahead, however small question ? who's gasket did u use SAABS or eurocarparts for instance ?

Thanks Haggag01

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my gaskets off a non franchised saab dealer.

They were saab ones. I didn't replace the headbolts...but i've never done that as they can be reused once or twice.

I've done a quick 600 miles since Thursday night (trip to the lakes this weekend for some snowy walking).

The car goes like stink now!!

in 5th it boosts off the end of the guage until over 4000rpm!! Fuel consuption has also improved from about 27.5 to 29.8

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.