Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
A bit more advanced than the work of yours truly involving a plate of carbon fibre, a Stanley knife, a drill, files and sandpaper, then
. Very, very nice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, no pics of the engine cover installed, but I will get some soon.

Nikolay, I believe you are asking me where I bought these, correct? I made these pieces myself.

Where could you find these? After the new year, contact Elkparts as they will have more information. In the mean time, you can check my web site for other pics.

Yankton Tuned

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi KevinY,
Some nice parts on your site, looking at the carbon grill I noticed that you have used mesh, I did a search earlier today on grill mesh and the guys on this forum seem to think it may upset the air flow? even to the point that the air flow my stall and fail to cool the engine resulting in over heating!!! do you have any views on this as I was thinking of using mesh on my 9-5 ...until today
Cheers Jim.

·
Registered
374 Posts
as to the mesh in the grill....i have had mine done for almost a year and i have had no problem getting air to the radiator..i dont think i have heard of anyone else getting over heated due to the mesh.....

ive said it before i'll say it again...good work kevin!..oh are you using elkparts for evryone? or will there be a US dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Kevin,
I knew that all parts sre hand made by youself i ask where you bought these, peace of carbon to made this parts ? and that tehnology you use?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stainless steel mesh is used standard on a number of cars direct from the factory and there are a number of people that use the aluminum mesh because it is easier to form than stainless. If there is a concern regarding the size of the mesh, you can alway increase and go to a larger mesh. It is true that as you examine the surface area of the grill, a small mesh would increase the potential resistance, but the extent to which it true has an impact would have to be further examined in a controlled environment as to eliminate subjective opinion. I imagine this very same type of study has taken place by manufactures. If not, then I ask myself why would they offer this as a feature on their high performace models if it actually reduced performance? I think in the end it probably offers similar performance but more of a cosmetic appeal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts