Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 saab 9-3 wont start after going threw a puddle deeper than I thought. Now it wont start at all and makes a high pitched sound when I turn the key. Lights,radio work and tried jump starting it but wasnt the problem?? Kent. WA

·
Super Moderator
3,071 Posts
Have you checked your air cleaner to see if water has been sucked in ?
If so it could of hydro locked
Or I know the main ECU is under the passenger side ( to you ) wheel arch liner could be water ingress .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, my wife did that with her 9-5 a while back and it sucked up a bunch of water. Pull all the plugs and then crank it over. It will probably spray water everywhere. If your 9-3 has a turbo you will need to pull the line to the intercooler off as well so the water can blow out of there as well. Replace your air filter and spark plugs with new ones and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2007 saab 9-3 wont start after going threw a puddle deeper than I thought. Now it wont start at all and makes a high pitched sound when I turn the key. Lights,radio work and tried jump starting it but wasnt the problem?? Kent. WA
I had a time that my '07 Saab 9-3 wouldn't start some times. I did all sorts of troubleshooting until I found that one of the 2 ignition relays was bad. Fix was changing both for about $22. Open the fuse box near the battery. They are the two yellow ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts