Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got back from 260 mile round trip to view a 9000 Aero that was described as absolutley immaculate, 12 months tax and test, genuine 45,000 miles, full history.
Reality was that it was in average condition, (ie hole in left indicator, not cleaned, all their junk still in the car, leather looked like it needed a good clean, semi bald rear tyre, had covered 53,000 miles - ok still not a lot.
Car needed TLC, wheels also looked scruffy.
When I asked to see documents - he couldn't find an MoT and then realised that it needed doing, then couldn't find the log book and service history was last stamped in 2000, 25,000 miles ago.
No reciepts, but said he could go to the Saab dealers and sort this and then get the car MOT'd (I always thought you did these things before selling).
When speaking to him on the phone I asked on several occasions was the car as advertised, he said it was, before leaving to return home I pointed out his advert and said that it was no way accurate to how the car actually is. I don't think it was done on purpose (it is his wife car!), they were just that sort of people.
When I pointed out these things he said he would maybe knock 100 quid off from the £5750 asking price.
More like a 1000.
You live and learn
Mick

·
Registered
145 Posts
i can sympathise big time, i've just spent 3weeks and 100s of miles looking at junk described as spotless, tremendoes, i'ts a dream sir you won't be dissapointed! total junk the lot of them. the best was one guy who said the car had done 110k when we arrived there was 159k on the clock! oh sorry i got mixed up he says when questioned!
the joys of motoring....

·
Registered
335 Posts
hmm its hell finding a decent one..
haha and even worse when you try to sell your cherished genuine one that has 120k on it, every extra, full saab history (£7k in last three years), every single gadget works and is clean and enthusiast looking all over....
and every person who can be bothered to even turn up to view it offers you £650 max.. "well with those miles its well under book/trade/my friend owns a garage/is a mechanic (delete as applicable)
ooh that feels better for a little rant

·
Registered
97 Posts
I’m regrettably selling my 9000 (advertised on Classified forum) and 3 of my motorbikes, and have spent ages ensuring that the descriptions I give are both honest and accurate.

I have spent many an unhappy mile travelling to view vehicles (let alone the time and expense in doing so) that turn out to be woefully short of the condition described in the advertisement.

I suppose I won’t know that until I sell it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.