Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i recently purchased an op-com cable and software to try and help me rectify my steering angle sensor issue, anyway the software is asking for the 4 digit car pass code.

i first called a vauxhall/saab dealer who said they no longer issued saab codes as they were no longer a saab dealer, but i just needed to supply my log book and £20 to get the code.

I then called a vauxhall/saab dealer who tell me that the saab doesnt have an immobiliser code, but vauxhall's do.

can anyone verify this?

im sure it does have a code?!

also, does anyone know anyone who can get the code?

thanks guys, im really stuck here :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
No CAR PASS exists for the Saab. This is a Vauxhall only thing.

Saab needs Security Access via TIS2000 or TIS2WEB for the Tech II, so I wouldn't think the Op Com would be able to interface to that, so must just be a glitch in the Opcom software.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Vehicle and software is exactly as mine so I do not understand why it asks for pass code.
It sounds like it maye be a software isue. Is the softwre cracked? As you are probably aware the software is copied and you need to bypass the access codes. Most sellers provide the softwre to do this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
As I understand it, only basic functions can be accessed via the OpCom software on the 9-3. Basically if it ins't Powertrain (P-BUS) it won't work. This is why you can do things with the Engine Management and DPF type stuff, but not anything connected to the High Speed Bus without a Tech II and CANdi box.

If it's asking for a car pass, it's a Vauxhall Opel function only.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi also having same problem trying to recalibrate the steering sensor angle but opcom special functions are asking for a 4 digit code any idears please

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
op com is specifically for vauxhall,not saab

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Philz55,
I am using an OP-COM China Clone V 1.45 and have access to my SAAB, but when I try to enter some functions the software asks for a CAR-PASS Code, as I have read this doc was not used for SAABs, I managed to install my software with Win7 and works fine cleared Tire TPMS failure Codes and others, but I need to re-calibrate my Steering angle sensor and when I try to enter it asks for a 4 digit code.
Are you able to do this in your SAAB with OP-COM version that you have?
I will appreciate your reply.
best regards
Carlos Irving

1 - 13 of 13 Posts