Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm got into the car on this fine morning- blip the remote-Nothing. HMM opened door with key, turned the ignition- nothing. Battery dead as a dodo.
So after buying a battery this lunchtime- came to fit it tonight and did i have the right size of torque wrench - no. Went trawling around the neighbours for 30mins until i found one.

All this on my birthday as well!

Least it is sorted. Did make me wonder how long i should drive the car for to charge the battery- went for a 1o min drive with car locked in 3rd gear (reminded me how 90mph is 4500 in 3rd!). Is that enough? Battery was showing as 12.2 volts when i checked after switching off and on etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
From experiance most batteries I have bought have gone straight on the car and performed Ok. I did read somewhere that for optimum life they should be fully charged so it could be worth hooking up the charger and giving it a few hours charge.

Hope it starts up Ok tomorrow !

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
sounds like the battery is charging OK.. check the voltage next time the engine is running as that will show if the alternator is working OK.

I suspect that its just a sudden battery death.. Mine was fine then it died, jump starting and running for 40 minutes left we with 7.8 volts in the battery.

Steve

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
an Indianapolis Wolf wishing a Fox happy birthday? All getting a bit animal...
Cheers !!! Knocking back a glass or two of BubBlY as i tYpE!

33 and not looking back! Aiming to have another Saab in the garage before next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts