Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help please in case i am missing something.
Yesterday i purchased a 96 N reg 9000 Aero. This car has the running lights ( dimmed headlamps on ) all the time i am driving.
I searched the archives and found that they can be bypassed by removing fuse 31 in the footwell fuse box. I have tried this but they still remain on.
Any ideas please ?

Thanks Darryl

·
Registered
168 Posts
you have to remove the fuse no. 31 and in the enginebay (on drivers side) you have to connect a cable wich is hangin under the fusebox in the enginebay
it's a 2 pole cable with a connector at the end.

we had to do this at our car to...that schould work

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by MikeH:
[qb]The fuse number is correct.I am confused by your description of "footwell fuse box" as the fuses are above the glove box.
mike [/qb][/b]
IIRC there is no glovebox on a 1996 9000 since this space is occupied by the passenger airbag. The fusebox will be below this.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi
A BIG thankyou to 9000 CSE FIN.
I followed your advice and that did indeed remove the headlamps although i still have the parking lights permanently on whilst driving.
MUCH better than it was but i would prefer MO LIGHTS.
We are getting there, just need a tiny bit more help if anyone can.

Thanks Darryl

·
Registered
388 Posts
Daryl,
Just out of interest, why do you want to get rid of the DRLs? I would of thought that the safety aspect of them would go hand in hand with the car? Always thought the cars look much better with them.

Regards

DaveJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.