Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I have a 2010 Saab 9-3 TTID Vector 180bhp and I just bought the car. I lifted up the car but can't seem to find a way to check the transmission oil level. It's different than the Z19dth engine code because there was a little window to check oil level that I can't find on the z19dtr transmission.
Does anyone know a way to check transmission oil level on the ttid?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry forgot to mention it's a manual. I already changed the transmission oil in it so it's not an issue anymore,but in exchange the abs isn't working,and the car throws up abs malfunction,traction control failure and stability control failure which it didn't do before we lifted the car up. I tried scanning and removing the fault codes with an obd2 but it doesn't help.
I sanded the underside of the car and then sprayed it with mannol anti-corrosion and maybe i sprayed the sensor. It has nothing to do with the egr valve blanking i did at the same time i assume.
On automatic transmissions there's a little a green dipstick and all,thats what i found on google,but there were no articles on checking transmission oil level on a manual. Glad I changed the oil,there was like 2.5 Liters instead of the 3.3L i poured in it.

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
Depends on what sort of code reader you have , if it's a generic one then it won't pick up the fault code .
On the F40 gearbox there's a level plug halfway down at the front end of the car .
They normally put about 2.5 litres of gearbox oil in , it improved gear change issues .
With the Abs TCS fault , it's been known that the wiring harness to the N/S/R wheel where it is held up with a cable tie or bracket sometimes wires can become brittle and brake .in the sheathing .worth a lookie
But without a good code reader it's a stab in the dark .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your answer, right now i'm trying other scanners and other softwares too, I checked the fuses in the engine bay. I'm getting an odbstar pro too in the near future. Aren't those wires control the audio, etc. in the car too? I thought it might also be caused by low tyre pressure, I'll update if that's what causes it
I'll check the wires too if the problem doesn't get solved

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
Try opcom
Low tyre pressure would not throw up an ABS/ TCS fault
If you at last get a code and points towards NSR wheel speed sensor then check the wiring first before swapping out parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts