Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, could someone kindly decode the bottom characters of my vin plate sticker?

I need new suspension and I’m unsure as to what sort I currently have. The front shock has a sticker with Saab p/n: 12 773 308 on it and spare parts sites that note oem p/n’s states “for cars with sports suspension”. Didn’t think my car had sports suspension?

Anyway the characters at the bottom of the vin sticker are:

44-AL-4 - 2-42-65-AB-BB-CB-DB

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,971 Posts
Hello
Are we talking about the 9-3 ?
What year a model is it ?
If it's a linear then standard suspension
If it's vector or vector sport it has sports suspension
If it's an aero the it's sometimes classed as aero suspension but it is slightly lower by 10mm
I normally go by the 3 coloured dots on the spring half way up if still visible.
Basically it's a minefield and the subject has been talked about many times and still confusion reigns.
Those numbers / letters , the letters denote what size discs and I think calliper s ,
So if you ever need break discs or pads then you know what to look for .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello
Are we talking about the 9-3 ?
What year a model is it ?
If it's a linear then standard suspension
If it's vector or vector sport it has sports suspension
If it's an aero the it's sometimes classed as aero suspension but it is slightly lower by 10mm
I normally go by the 3 coloured dots on the spring half way up if still visible.
Basically it's a minefield and the subject has been talked about many times and still confusion reigns.
Those numbers / letters , the letters denote what size discs and I think calliper s ,
So if you ever need break discs or pads then you know what to look for .
Sorry I should have been more specific on model.

It’s a 2010 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi Turbo Edition.

Will have a look to see if I can find those dots on the spring. I was under the impression that those codes showed springs and shocks as well?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The build plate decodes to lowered sport chassis front spring 44 part number 93190127 and rear standard spring 12794915 (which seems odd to me) with 302mm front and 292mm rear brakes etc.The shock absorbers both front and rear are standard chassis all according to the EPC.
Near the end of Saabs production all kinds off bits were being put together so nothing would surprise me.

Download the WIS and EPC over on Saabcentral Tech2 section and cross reference to part numbers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just thaught try the Saab site Saab Parts, Free tech Support and Free Information at Thesaabsite.com
Top left stick your vin number ( on your v5 c )
And that should give you the build spec of your car inc what suspension set up you have .
Thank you, although it told me a lot I didn’t know, it doesn’t specifically mention sports or standard suspension. Having spoke with my local Indy garage he suggested matching the springs once removed as there are no visible marks on the springs telling me what they are.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The build plate decodes to lowered sport chassis front spring 44 part number 93190127 and rear standard spring 12794915 (which seems odd to me) with 302mm front and 292mm rear brakes etc.The shock absorbers both front and rear are standard chassis all according to the EPC.
Near the end of Saabs production all kinds off bits were being put together so nothing would surprise me.

Download the WIS and EPC over on Saabcentral Tech2 section and cross reference to part numbers.
Thank you for decoding that! Strange that it would be different fwd and rear... having spoke to my local Indy today he suggested I match the springs once I have them off as there isn’t a way to tell if there is no part number or markings on them. This is what I will do when I get round to the job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts