Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Help! My 2003 9-3's alarm keeps going off. I can not find it one the
car. I keep seeing people say it is under the driver's side front tire on most Saab's. Not
on this car. Please help... before I take a sledgehammer to the car.... the alarm just
randomly goes off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can you not pull the fuse? I guess it also depends which side of the car you drive from as to where 'driver's side front tyre' is

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think you will have to find the alarm module and check it out, batteries etc. It should be left side front wheel arch I think.

Or get someone to Tech 2 the car, that may reveal the cause

I did read you can set the alarm to go off on 'door only' and this for some people stops the random alerts from the other sensors

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! Help! My 2003 9-3's alarm keeps going off. I can not find it one the
car. I keep seeing people say it is under the driver's side front tire on most Saab's. Not
on this car. Please help... before I take a sledgehammer to the car.... the alarm just
randomly goes off.
Most likely the battery on your alarm system is dying. This happened in my 9-5 and it is common. I had the alarm pulled. Consequently I get a notice on the SID when I start the car.

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
BlackSaab20039-3

The alarm is under the wheel arch liner on the left side ( facing forwards from the drivers seat ). As KJBillsBurg says, you can just disconnect it but you will get a message every time you start the car. Unlike the commonly felt belief that it is a dying rechargeable battery at fault, I think it is more likely that one or more of the capacitors in the alarm will need replaced. If you do a search there are threads with the values required and if you are OK with a soldering iron, it's fairly straightforward to replace them.

Some alarm boxes come apart reasonably easily, others need careful use of a hacksaw blade.

Paul @ Kippen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts