Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got 9000cse 2 lt lpt last week,great car but want a bit more poke.now the question is,can i fit a dawes device with trionic and no boost gauge/will i override safety cut outs/how much bhp approx.will i gain? or is a chipped ecu a better option,and from whom? has anyone with lpt fitted dd,is it as good as claimed.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Before I got mine chipped my local saab guy called me to tell me that Saab had reduced the cost, when we looked into it the ecu was for LPT to bring them up to full turbo bhp I think the increase was 25 bhp and the cost was under £200 Im 99% sure .....If AYM comes on ask him I think he knows about it, failing that I will try and find out about it on Monday for you

Mark

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I wish the ECU upgrade for the 9-5 was that cheap there still around £1000 for mine from Saab,so if you can get it for £200 go for it well worth it.And if you do I won't be jealous honest

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You should be able to knock that up 35 bhp without to much trouble..if I cannot find any info on the puter I will call the garage on monday

I don't know anything about LPT and Manual boost controllers, I have had one fitted to my Carlsson for a good while, I only ever used Super Unleaded and now Optimax and its been fine (up to now)the difference is dramatic for thirty quid.

Mark

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This ecu was offer cheap about 12 months ago...its not a recent thing, lots of others places will burn you a chip Zeppelin at a lot less than Abbott,its up to you, Abbott is tried and trusted for saabs...but who burns them for abbott?A lot of other supplies have been in the game longer or as long as Abbott.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its ok.mark,you were only trying to help and for that many thanks.on the chip topic i was also thinking along the lines of mpen,and i am certain i have seen a company in glasgow that does this,i will investigate and report back.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Zepplin

fse power boost valve
Bailey twin piston dump valve
Evo chip conversion
uprated wastegate actuator
50mm stainlees steel freeflow exhaust system
ITG air filter (just going in)

complete top end overhall/ head gasket/timing chain/camfollowers/guides ect ect don't ask about the slave/master cylinder/clutch/rollbar/disks/pads/ball joints/turbo/ect ect ect and don't show this the wife she would bloody kill me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.