Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, My beloved 99T is in the bodyshop for a tidyup ready for the Summer.

Whilst she is in bits and this is out anyway can anybody identify this aerial base ?

As you can see the rubber bodyseal has perished on mine, I quite like this style and it works well where it is placed, but I am pretty sure it isn't the OE part for a 99..at the moment I am not sure what Saab it was intended for or even if it wasn't a hatchet job on perhaps a mobile phone antenna base with a different mast.

Worst comes to the worst I will just make up a new gasket out of some silicon mat. But if it is for something later and is still available then a new one would be nice, I think the base might have been intended for roof mount but the mast I have looks way too long for that. The mount is waisted so it is bendable to fit the angle of whatever panel it is mounted on.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
99T and anything up to about M82 would have most probably had the aerial mounting on the roof.

I do remember such an aerial mount on my Dad's 900s he bought in the early-mid 80s, which would have been mounted on the rear 3/4s by the hatch/bootlid on the nearside - IIRC there was a hole already there for fitment

1 - 2 of 2 Posts