Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking over my engine bay this lunch with a guy who has the same version aero as mine but a little later & a manual gearbox. mine is a 9000 aero (1995/96).

Whilst looking he noticed there is a one way valve missing from the pipe that connects the cam cover to the inlet manifold on mine.

Do i just need an average one way valve (i.e. on a washer bottle ) to add to it? An which way should the pressure be able to go?

arghhh....

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
This is an important item! I think you need to get the right part. It usually seems to be called a PCV check valve or similar. The direction of flow should be from the cam cover to the manifold.

I'm sure someone here can give you the right part number.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Saab part no is 75 21 313, although you can make a higher spec one with a couple of parts from RS- the same as Trent sell for £40 or so.

You need the valve:
part number 290-3670 @ £9.50 + VAT
Plus the plastic end-fittings:
part number 227-5666 for a pack of 5 @ £1.234 + VAT.

It's designed to stop manifold boost pressure blowing the oil back up the filler pipe!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Originally posted by mrchimps:
[qb]another one for markE...what or where is RS? i am a newbie... [/qb][/b]
RS Components - branches nationwide or order online at rswww.com

The higher spec. one is a Norgren pneumatic non-return valve. It needs suitable push in hose connectors so your vac hose can be connected to it (the bits that come in a pack of 5 - you need 2). Make sure you connect it the right way round (ie. you can't blow through it into the cam cover)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.