Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bill, i did not fancy having to try to dig in the loom where it goes to the plug connector at the A pillar where it goes through to the door, i will have to take the steering shroud of to get at the ignition switch as it needs a live feed from there to tell the alarm when the car is running.
thanks again

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Sorry not to get back, microcat. I can't find the notes and photos, but drop the insulation panel under the dash and I seem to remember the unit is clipped in on the right hand side. The connector to it has a load of wires on it, but there are a red and a yellow wire right next to each other. There's another red wire too, I seem to remember, but these are next to each other on the connector. One wire is for "open" and one for "close". I think they need to be grounded to operate.

On my Cobra alarm, the orange wire went to the red at the control unit and the violet wire to the yellow. Then I connected the supplies to ground.

Depending on how sophisticated your alarm is, perhaps needing a speed signal, etc., I do have all that written down if only I can find it.

For the central locking, I must admit I cheated and looked at the wiring for my other CSE, which as luck would have it, also had a Cobra alarm and the wiring colours were the same even though the alarm was about 8 years older.

·
Registered
97 Posts
BillJ,

To ask you a question related to this topic. With the wires you describe linking the alarm to the central locking, are there any in line fuses involved? I have a Cobra alarm which used to operate the central locking mechanism. After the battery failed in rather spectacular style, and I had put a new battery in, the alarm no longer operated the locking (although the rest of the alarm seems to work normally). My thought was that there would have been a fuse which had blown, but I have never been able to find one.

Thanks for any help

Gordon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.