Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get an aftermarket by-pass valve for my 9000 Aero 2.0 B204, and was hoping to get some feedback to which one to get.

Group9Performance

Forge Motorsport

Motorsport Design (provided by eEuroparts)

I am leaning towards the Group9Performance.

Also, I plan to insert a bleed valve after the new by-pass valve is installed.
Should I replace the Wastegate?

Since I don't plan to keep the car for too many more years, I am not going to replace the ECU or do any other kind of major performance upgrade.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I have used the Forge and have no complaints. It sounds like it opens more quickly than the standard valve - a short, sharp sound rather than the long sound of the standard valve. It can be dismantled for cleaning and the parts can be replaced, although I've never had to replace anything. Compare this with the Bailey valve I had. When it started to leak, I wasn't able to open it as the parts were pressed together.

I have no experience of the other valves so can't compare. However, I can't say I noticed any performance difference between the Forge and the standard valve. My 300hp Aero seems to run just as well with a standard Bosch valve as with the Forge, although it killed one of the newer Bosch valves (with the brass plate on the diaphragm) within three days.

I'd say that if the bypass valve is limiting performance, it's probably faulty and a new standard one would do the job just as well and more cheaply.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply.

my aero is all stock and because i don't plan on staying in europe until a ripe ol age, i can't see sinking a lot of money in performance parts for another years use. if i knew i would have the car 10 yrs, i might consider.
i was hoping the by-pass valve would provide a little edge to the performance side. the car definitely has some speed. i do wish it had a little more get up and go from a standstill...

the bypass on the car is the original and the car has about 115K on it now...and i don't think there is anything wrong with the bypass. i will have to give some thought to determine if this is something i really should do at the moment.

thanks again for the reply...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.