Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this has been posted before....

Local stores around her offer fuel pumps for 250-400 dollars. Are there any professional sites of the net that offer cheaper?

I think we can manage putting it in. Though I'm not 100% sure what brand of pump I have in there yet...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Try going back to saab9000.com/forums/index.html where you will find a link to a links page where several stockists are listed, both UK and US. For the cost of the thing, it might be worth looking at NeoBros or twostroketoturbo who deal in 2nd hand parts but would appear to have reasonable reputation for delivering working parts (some grumbles about cost of fitted parts?)

Not sure exchange rate and shipping costs may make using UK supplier prohibitive - worth a look though.
HTH

Pete

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
was what Saab say they drew as the "first sketch" when designing the new 9-3SS. It shows a guy enjoying driving a car - so the car was to be designed around him.

On this board it is called a "fawlty" after a member of that name who enjoys driving!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
If it is a Walbro pump you can replace the pump on its own without the filter and level sender unit. Need to replace its outlet plastic pipe with a rubber fuel injection hose and clips. I found some notes on this when my pump failed on new years day. Cost me about £80 for the pump and some hose. Pump removed was a Walbro 6mm outlet A05006, 4021358, 28792-2B. G&S supplied a Walbro 8mm 5CA400, 34302-1B. Worked ok for a 1993 2l LPT.

Try a search, the notes included a picture of the pump/filter unit and how to do the job.

Have a look at Fuel-pumps.net for a listing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.