Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Alan, the part no. for just the pressure plate is: 888-3082-999-746. It's Sachs Race Engineerings' number, not Saab. It should be easier to get there, than here in the 'states, as it's made in W. Germany. I wouldn't want to guess at what they get for them now. When I bought mine a year ago, the price had more than doubled from the year before

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
You can just change the plate, but how worn are the clutch housing and release bearing?

If your going to split the car in 2 to do one, why not do the whole job?

Why not do the slave cylinder too?

Andrew

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sorry Alan, I thought you were asking about the uprated pressure plate. I don't have the no. for the stock pp, but the kit is 87 81 551 for the '94 and up 2.3l, if that helps. Andrew's right about changing the disk and t.o. bearing - I'd consider doing the hydraulic line and master cylinder, too - for peace of mind. The kit's more value - here, the pp's about £133 - for another 30 quid, you can get the whole kit, but it doesn't include the slave cylinder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.