Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl,

Just like to say hello to all you ppl, ive only just come across this site, and it looks like i will be spending some time here!!

Ive had a 2.0L 9K Turbo for two years and have done just about everthing to can to it (engine wise)
Its pumping out 235 - 240 BHP but is on its way out (done 240 thou miles)
Im looking to get another 9k and am considering the 2.3, the only prob in my mind is that there is much less you can do the engine/engine management with spending large wads of cash.
What are your oppinions , and ne1 out there got a good model to sell ! Im looking to spend upto £3000.

Many thanks in advance for any feed-back.
Ill hope to talk to you all in the near future.

Damian

·
Registered
776 Posts
Damo9K/.

Welcome to site.

As a humble starter, here goes;
I purchased last year a 1994 9000 cse 2.3 Full turbo, in my opinion a great price of £.2500, top spec, 10CD changer, full SAAB service history. 114K on clock.
Just got a full service, and modifications: Trionic, Sports filter and dump valve, lower and stiffer springs, poly bushes(anti roll and wishbone) all round, 3" Stainles rear box, Motosport grooved front discs and matching pads, plus some tiny essentials, all done at Abbott Racing. Car and all above still adds up to less that £.4500. Around 240-250 BHP as it is, and getting CAT replaced with straight thru silencer pipe, will make better response and MPG hopefully. I would check out their site anyway, although you are probably familiar with them being a SAAB man anyway.
On top of that, loads more could be done if money available. Depending on yourbudget, luck etc, go my route and get a bargain,or maybe get an AERO or Carlsson with higher specs than the standard 2.3T ( AERO = 225 BHP ??). you will get a lot of comments on what I have said above, both good and bad, so good luck.
Andy

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you are looking for a nice 2.3 Full Pressure turbo, then my CDS is for sale for a bargain £2500.

109k on the clock, FSH, very good condition, and a nice sound system installed.

Its a manual, although Parkers only seem to recognise the 92 CDS as an auto.

With the change from your £3000 budget you could do your first upgrades...

Only selling as I am getting an Aero.

Feel free to e-mail me on:

[email protected]

if you have any questions.

Gavin

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Andy, Im currently looking at the auctions (was going to one today but alas no Saab's)
The only problem ive got at the mo is that im trying to buy a house as well, and dosh is tight!
I have spoken to abbott and trent saab (who are more helpfull than abbott) But Im down in Devon so its a bit of a distance to go.
Most of the work done to my '87 9kT16 was done by myself apart from head work and such.
The trionic system wories me cos I cant modify it myself !
Any way thanks for the input and I will continue to look!

See ya

Damian

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ksowden1
Tell us more about the griffen..it it a CD or CS tpye model.I'm after a CSE 2.3T peferably in black , must have leather.Or an aero in the Nottingham sort of area..open to persuasion for a good un though.
Anthony

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep Im interested in a griffin as well but i spec it out of my price range.

As for abbott R Ive called them on a number of times when i was working on my project 9K to get advise on which tuning parts to get, and their basic answer everytime was "err bring it up and we will do it for you" sort of thing, hence I didn't buy any of the parts from them. Their loss.
I got much more honest answers from trent Saab and a friend of mine in the US who devolops tuning gadgets for a company over there called spg9.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Damo9K/.

Maybe you got off on wrong foot with Abbotts, I have had quite a bit of dealing with them, and they have always be very obliging. Money was tight when I had my Trionic done, Giles said they would do it for £300 plus VAT, with some wishbone and anti roll bushes, plus Vat, a nice start for under £,500( he included fitting). Speak to Giles, tell him he come recommended by Andy Bowles( they only did all mentioned work a few weeks ago).
Andy
p.s; got mine on www.adtrader.co.uk, keyed in SAAB 9000, along with postcode, and price range, it gives you all within that range from nearest to furthest. You may find a bargain. Even better, persevere on this site, lots of good cars floating around being sold by people who care about them !

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Andy,
You very well may be right regarding my experiences with Abbott, I'm not a stubborn person so ill give them a go again.

Thanks for the link im looking now!

Have seen a Carlson advertised locally, hopefully taking a look Saturday.

BTW I'm I way off the mark to get a good Aero for £3000 bearing in mind im looking at the auctions?

Damian.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Damo9K

I also own a 92 Carlsson cs 2.3 with good spec re previous SEC members thread for spec find one they are amazing machines. I also live in Devon and the chap who looks after mine buys all the trade ins at Exeter St Davids Saab so he has pick of the crop, got a nice 2.3t now, all spec h reg 950ish BUY ONE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.