Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks - I'm about to buy Powerflex front arm/wishbone, rear bushes for the aero and i want the ones with the bushes pre-fitted to the housing.

I checked out the powerflex site and the diagrams are rotten - but at 40+GBP for 2 I would have thought they come ready to bolt on.

Anyway - the part number is PFF66-101 and they should look identical to the ones shown on the Abbott site. Anyone bought these powerflex beasties?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
IIRC your £40+ buys you just the bushes and only it's Abbott who sell them ready fitted (with the extra cost attached to that). I'd contact Powerflex and double check before buying them.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, Abbott are the only folk that supply them in the ally housing. More money, but an awful lot easier to fit.

IIRC they're also a slightly softer compound than Powerflex, and aren't quite as harsh.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just how easy is it to:

1) Fit the bushes into the original housing?? It says above approx 2 mins??

2) Fit the whole things to the car??

What about the front ARB, is this a difficult proposition, I understand that the rears are really easy.

Thanks in advance, just ordered some from ELKPARTS, lovely.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Recently ordered mine from ELKPARTS, also threw in F and R ARB's and smoked indicators

Well, it is xmas after all

Thanks for all your efforts above, will report back on the results, if you can get me out of it long enough to type

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just re-read my last posting above, it reads like I started the thread and I didn't. Sorry about that, its very early you know, couldn't sleep, thinking about bushes and silicone - the car variety unfortunately - he he he

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks folks - I've still to get hold of someone at powerflex, but I now very much doubt the bushes are supplied in the butterfly(?). As I need the car all the time I'll probably just order a couple of old butterflies from a scrappy and prepare them with new bushes ready to just bolt in when I have a moment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts