Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 9000 Aero which suffers from a strange running problem, when decelerating to a low speed, as soon as the revs hit 1500 revs, the engine suffers a hicup which causes the car to buck momentarily, I have not found anyone who can cure the problem, and have been given various explanations but no solutions, one suggestion is that it is something to do with the injectors switching on and off, BUT HOW DO I CURE IT???

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Don't know what causes it, and I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong, but mine does this and the 2 other Aero's I've driven have done the same. So, not sure you can correct, but, I've not found it such a problem to live with, as it is such a slight effect. However, if you'res is excessive, then maybe there is a fault making this effect worse?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Same for mine, 1994 standard(trionic'd)CSE 2.3T. Worse when it's cold, typical example pulling away, and having to slow down to a crawl very soon afterwards. Not so bad when warmed up though. Recent service, tuned and all that [expletive deleted], but makes no difference. maybe as so many people have this prob, wont worry too much ??
Andy

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
could be your throttle valve sticking..if you have ets it is highly likely
pull off the trunking to your throttle body and have a squint ..if it is a yukky brown colour then it is likely it is causing the flap to stick and when it releases you get this jerk...so if this is the case clean it out with a clean rag and some carb cleaner if you have it wd 40 does as well but not so effective

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the intersting replies so far, the problem does seem to be getting worse and although the car bucks only momentarily it can be quite severe, the engine clearly shakes and the gear lever can be seen to move as well, it is particularly noticable in second gear when slowing to take a turn, or when matching the speed of slow moving traffic. In third and fourth it is more subtle but you can feel the engine appear to miss a beat, the pickup on the throttle can gives the sensation that it is sticking although I do not believe it is actually sticking. Although I am very light footed on the controls my passengers think I am wearing divers boots because of the jerks. A Saab dealer states it may have something to do with the injectors switching off to prevent emissions, so its like a momentary starvation of fuel then the fuel switching on again, if this is the case perhaps whatever is telling the fuel to switch on and off is doing it at the wrong time?? if this is what it is, so far no one has suggested a cure??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts