Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting my ppc upgrade from the US, cant wait!. Looking forward to the
effect .

Im getting a second hand abbott dumpvalve from a fellow Irish Saab'er so that should help things along nicely.

Next on the list is upraded suspension.. thinking of doing the roll bars first and then maybe the shocks to aero spec.

I have noticed a wee bit of vibration at driving 50/60mph I checked the tire pressures and noticed they where a bit down. This had sorted the problem a wee but but still notice a little vibration. I am going to check tire pressures once again (maybe part down to bad wheel balancing and tire pressure or buckled alloy yes I have the standard se spec alloys).

On the subject on fuel grades... I filled up at a certain petrol station near my home and noticed that my car went very sweet.. it was just 95 octane but I really think they had the 98 stuff in their tanks or something.... to prove this I filled up with the nice v power petrol to try and prove my theory. I have noticed that when using certain petrol stations that my 9-5 2.0lpt (my99) has had varying effects. Im going to experiment and use the best fuel for the job .

I just think that there maybe issues with either the state of their own tanks etc or its just me being paraniod. On light of this how often is it recommened to change the fuel filter on a 9-5?.
From owning VW's I think a filter in poor condition could cause damage to the fuel up as it puts more pressure on it. Maybe wrong here but Im sure someone can correct me with regards to a saab point of view.

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Im getting a second hand abbott dumpvalve from a fellow Irish Saab'er so that should help things along nicely.[/b]
Its in my car now, remembered it this afternoon!!
Will be back in Dublin next week, had to come back home suddenly as my dad died last saturday

1 - 3 of 3 Posts