Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going?

Last year there were 2 cars in particulat that I remember - a lovely Ruby (wheels had been relacquered a darker grey, had a long chat with the owner), and a black 900 Carlsson.

I'll be there in the morning, would be interested to chat to some like-minded souls!

(For anybody who doesn't know, it's an absolutely huge car show, great day out! Unfortunately I'm working in the afternoon )

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Am I going to be there on my own!?

There must be a few Saabs going - were at least half a dozen there last year, some must be Saabscene members!

I'm determined to take mine next year if I have one by then

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You miserable bunch!

I went along, talked to a bloke from the club with an LPT convertible, very nice!

But, in the one make parking there were 3 (three) Saabs only! A very tired C-reg turbo, a 96, and an old 9000, and nobody around

Quite a disappointment after the decent cars and owner presence last year...

Anybody fancy a meet there next year, either in the one make parking, or try to get the Saab club to get a pitch?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a good day out.

Huge autojumble, they have an arena with stunt motorcyclists and stuff, and a fair for the kids. Custom cars, stationary engines, concours, as well as 1 make parking, owners clubs, commercials, vintage.

Last couple of years I spent a lot of time looking around. This year I was working in the pm so only had 90 minutes to walk around. Must admit it was a bit dull this time, I suppose it's mostly the same people who come back. If the SaabClub or SSc arranged a stand for next year I'd be happy to show off my new acquisition! It would be much more interesting with some like minded people there

The only thing I wish I'd done more of this year was the autojumble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts