Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 9000 CSE 2.3T on which the cruise control set button is missing. The activation switch is there, and when clicked, the Cruise light appears on the dash, I just can't engage cruise.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement switch, and how hard it is to fit? My nearest Saab main dealer quoted me £180, for one ....ing switch!

I've emailed the dealers listed as local to me in the classifieds elsewhere on this site, without one positive reply so far

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene if no one else has said it!

I must admit I've never seen a cruise stalk minus the "Set" switch, but there's a first time for everything.

Forgive me then for asking a "stupid" question... does your indicator stalk really have a button missing on the end?

If so, there's any number of breakers who would be able to supply you e.g.

www.twostroke.co.uk
www.neobrothers.co.uk

If not, then it may be that you have a problem with some of the pedal switches that will preventing the cruise from engaging.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely missing the switch on the end. There's a little hole where it should go, but no sign of wires or anything. Would it be best just to get a replacement stalk from one of the breakers you listed above then, and have a go at fitting it myself, newbie mechanic that I am?

(At least, I know which way round to hold a screwdriver, and I eventually found the dipstick - which bright spark thought to hide it under the oil filler cap?!)

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Fit it yourself. About 15 mins max.

I did mine on my 9-5. So, unless the 9000 is greatly different, its just a case of removing the steering column plastic shroud and unclipping the stalk.

(The screws on the 9-5 are accessed by turning the steering wheel, plus one underneath. Don't forget to extend the wheel towards you on the adjustment - if you have it.)

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Replacement is not too difficult... you need to remove the steering column cowl for access, the all is relatively clear. From memory, I think it's just two screws on the underside that need to be removed, probaly T25.

Or put another way, I'm no mechanical genius myseLf but I managed that trick without the aid of a Haynes manual (which is no use for this anyway, I just looked
)

HTH

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
My father got a replacement stalk for his CDE when the set button spung across the car for about £45 (2nd hand).

It takes about 10-15mins to change (the hardest part is disconnecting and reconnecting the multiplug)

The one on my Carly is fine, but the one on my Aero is almost gone... (the U shaped front is coming unglued from the I shaped rear face, so allowing the lirttle plastic lug on the front of the set button to almost clear the end of the stalk. When it does the plastic, the bar and the spring WILL disapear into the passenger footwell.

Andrew
Who never found fathers spring, but does have a spare bar and plastic set cap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.