Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Following various threads here, I fitted Brembo discs and Pagid pads to my '94 CSE LPT. Initial impression was was very little braking until they had bedded in. Now they are OK, but I still get a little judder/vibe sometimes. This may be due to not having bedded them in 'properly' (see thread on this a few weeks ago), but I have never done this before on other cars either. It is difficult to say if they are much better than standard as the original is not particularly good anyway. I did use Pagid standard pads as they were all I could get. The general recommendation seems to be to use Fast Road pads and I will try these when they need changing.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
As Alan said, there was a thread here. I am using Pagid FR pads and Elk's "Norrit Brembo" discs (I never figured exactly what the difference is between these and "normal" Brembo discs, other than price).
Like Alan, I get a bit of vibration. I also get a lot of squealing, but I am told this is normal for sports compounds.

As for stopping, they are a bit all or nothing, but if you need to stop quickly they do the job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.