Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fault of the day.
No break lights. I have checked the fuse, also the break switch & find no problems with either. The filament warning does not show, which is strange as I assumed it was current sensitive. I also find that pulling the fuse on the side lights also fails to register with the filament sensor. Surely a blown fuse or failed lamp (filament ) results in the same thing ie no lights, so how does the driver know there is failed lighting fuse, apart that is from not being able to see at night? . So , do I suspect the filament sensor as a possible problem area? If so where is it, Haynes is no help here?
Vehicle is a '92 CDS (boy, has it been a pain recently)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Fault of the day.[/b]
At the cost of asking the obvious, but did you checked if it's a pedal switch fault?

What do you mean when you say that you have no warning light? shouldn't it be on everytime you turn on the key, then turn off the first time you hit the brakes?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stefano,
Pedal switch is ok. Break lights should operate with ignition off. I can't remember the display at switch on but there are no warning lights showing on my other 9000.
I wont be using the car for a week as I will be in Italy, hope your weather is better then ours here in UK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts