Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't find the brakes on my 9000 Aero that good.

New pads all round last month so reluctant to change these again just yet.

What would you do to improve the stopping power of the car ?

P.S. Hirsch upgrades rarely get a mention here, yet I found the step 1 upgrade I did on my 9-5 absolutely 1st class. Is it just that they are too expensive compared to the other more commonly referred to choices ? What do you think ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
BT, I had the Abbott 308mm brake kit put on my Aero which has improved the stopping power markedly. The good point with the kit is that it fits behind he standard 16 inch wheel. Check out http://www.abbottracing.com after speaking with your bank manager.

I've heard that the AP Racing kit with the 4 pot callipers and 330mm disc is excellent but you'll need larger alloys to fit it.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
If you do a search, you'll find info on part numbers for Brembo discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Together they offer a significant improvement over standard discs and pads. Even if you were just to change the pads now (about £110 for the 2 axles) you should get an improvement.

Yes, the AP 330mm kit is verrry nice, thankyou Gordy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.