Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trent seem to be well regarded
Abbott ones are bigger but expensive (no surprise there)
so my tarox discs are just about worn out ..which to choose ?
anybody outthere with experience of both ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
I got a set of Abbott performance front pads, only done a couple of thousand miles, but took them out and replaced with normal decent pads.
Car as you all know is a 1994 model, L reg 9000 CSE 2.3T, in case that is important.
As they were so hard, I could not get on with them, they contantly squeaked and shed dust etc.. They cost £135.00 not long ago, as I say, nearly new.
Someone else may get on fine with them under a different type of set-up.
For the price of p+p and a bottle of vino, any of you troopers out there can take then off my hands (esspecially if you have given me stars, you know who you are )

Sorry about doing this on this board, and not on classifieds, but wasnt selling or anything (still arn't), Prehaps someone could then confirm of disagree with my opinion on them, to assist everyone else.

Any takers ?
Andy

·
Registered
477 Posts
Put Abbott groved discs and mintex racing pads on my 900 Turbo - phenominal difference in stopping power. I didn't opt for the larger diameter(9-3 size) discs, even though I had 17" wheels, as this would have ment changing the hubs as well, and that was just too much to spend. Yes they do squeek when you use the harder racing pads, but all you have to do to solve that is turn the stereo up!! Recently changed to a new 9-3 Aero, and the brakes seem pretty good, but I haven't really pushed it to the limit yet, so still to make up my mind completely. Will definately go back to Abbott with the Aero and have the ECU re-programmed, just as I did on my 900. OK it is a 1200 mile round trip, but then again it's 1200 miles in an Aero!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.