Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,
This morning I started up my 1992 9000CSE Turbo 2.3 and at the first stoplight when I hit the brakes a repetitive bonking sound appeared from the left back tire area as long as I put on the break or until the car has stopped completely. It's been doing it ever since. There are no warning lights and the tirepressure is allright. On visual inspection: there is som rust on the brakefoot ofcourse, but that's been the case since I bought it last year. It's been over a week since I last drove it, but then it was fine. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Can I still drive it without doing some major damage to some components? Thanks

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Could you not get this if the ABS wheel sensor has stopped working, and is sending no pulses back? In that case, I would guess the ABS would think that wheel was always locked and would pulse the braking to it constantly under braking.

On the other hand, I would have suspected that this would make a warning lamp show!

Still, as Derek so rightly said, when you take then wheel off to check the brake pads and disc etc, then perhaps if nothing is obviously bad, you could inspect the sensor wires and then try cleaning the sensor.

A search on this forum should give more details.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
If it was a sensor fault, you'd almost certainly have an ABS light on. The rear brakes are single channel ABS so it would be operating on both wheels. It sounds like something is seriously amiss with your disc/pads. You need to get it checked out immediately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.