Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting some new Brakes on the Front of my 93 (my94). The discs will be from Brembo. Only for the pads i'm in doubt. I've got 3 options to choose from. 1. Ferodo DS 2000, 2. Ferodo DS2500 and 3. Tarox Pads.
ON the first two I know general opinions are good. ON the third i don't recall any of you using them. (Or maybe I used the wrong search term).

Cann any of you give me advice on these three pads.

Thanks Desmond.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Sorry, I can't comment on any of those. I currently have Hawk HPS pads on the front and they are simply awesome. Lots of bite and I have yet to fade them. They are also pretty good when cold.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
As I have just changed from Mintex (1144) to Ferodo 2500's I can say the initial bite is far better and more confidence inspiring with the 2500's. This is with the Brembo discs widly recommended on these esteemed pages.

However there is a slight squeal from the pads at low speed with light pedal pressure but at no other times so far. This was also a problem with the Mintex, but only going backwards!!

As for the overall effectivness of the 2500's, I'll have to have you waiting until they are totally bedded in and I've had the datalogger on them. I'll post the results here soonish.

Nick.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I was staggered at the consistency of the Brembo/DS2500 combo on mine at Anglesey.

They just bite from cold all the way up to very very hot! with little or no change in grab.

Very easy to brake on the edge at any temp.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Pretty much what the Tim at Circuit Supplies said to me when we had a chat about them. I'm looking forward to trying them now!

In addition the 1144's that were fitted at Anglesey seemed to make the pedal travel longer as they got hotter, but I was really pushing on. They never failed to stop me and had some in reserve when a car unexpectedly braked harder than I thought it would and gave me a moment. I did wear them down by at least four mm during the day though...

If the 2500's improve on that I'll be a happy bunny.

Nick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts