Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know eveyone seems to swear by Ferodo DS2500 but at about half the price how do Pagid fast road pads compare. I am still on standard pads and having a Stage 3 done in a couple of weeks. As I also would like some new alloys in the near future I am weighing up the costs. Ferodo at £90 for fronts seems a little wild compared to the Pagids at half that....... so are they worth it or will Pagids suffice for road use bearing in mind I will use the
of a stage 3 so I need the stopping ability too!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
I am running a stage two and have recently had Pagid fast road pads fitted to the front wheels of my Saab 9-3.

There is an improvement over the genuine Saab pads - but I am still using Saab discs.

The change is not phenomenal, rather it is noticeable. For fast road use I think these will suffice. For track use there will be better alternatives, IMO

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after a bit of research, think i'll go for Mintex C-Tech on the front and Pagid fast road on the back, should provide enough stopping power methinks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
having lived with tarox g88 discs and pads all round for about 6 weeks. i will offer a stong reccomendation for this set up. from any speed but especially high speed they are superb, no fade and very strong stopping power, i now have so much more confidence in the car when pushing hard. cost about 500.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the Mintex C-tech on the front with Brembo discs and I think they are much better than standard, the brake pedal feels less "dead" and more progressive. The wheels get black very quickly but the dust doesn't seem to stick hard to the alloy so it's not difficult to wash off. I haven't had any brake squeal either (which I have read can be a characteristic of the better pads). The rear discs/pads are still standard parts, that's my next job to change them, maybe I'll try the Pagid fast road too.

Matt

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
my mintex pads squeel like a stuck pig !!
however they do stop well but with lots o dust..
I had the g88 discs with ferodo pads and was not impressed
eventually went for a 325mm conversion ...
btw was just £200 more than the tarox ....

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I've noticed the DS2500 are dusty, but it washes off well.

They do squeel too, but only if you use them lightly. There's a lesson there...

Finally, boy do they stop!

Andrew

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb]You think M1144 and DS2500 squeal? Tey're positively silent compared to DS3000.  

Great stopping power, though... [/qb][/b]
True enough. But you'll get used to it. Really!

At least they don't squeal when you're hard on the brakes - and that's mostly a situation where you don't want to attract too much attention on public roads...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts