Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My 93 aero convertible 2005 is alerting me to rear right side brake light failure

However when I look, and someone puts the pedal down, I have a right brake light come on okay, but it is not in the same place as the one on the left car side

The two brake light areas I have circled in yellow

The left outer edge comes on and the right inner edge comes on.

Any ideas? Is it a dreaded earth issue?

Thx

Nick

·
Registered
44 Posts
Maybe the dystem works like the Vauxhall Vectra C, where if a brake light bulb failed it would substitute a sidelight for the brake light so you still have a light each side. Check your bulbs and the holders for corrosion as that can cause light not to illuminate and appear to be a failed bulb.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the dystem works like the Vauxhall Vectra C, where if a brake light bulb failed it would substitute a sidelight for the brake light so you still have a light each side. Check your bulbs and the holders for corrosion as that can cause light not to illuminate and appear to be a failed bulb.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi Thanks

Yes I just found much the same advice, the SAAB substitutes the tail light for the brake light when the brake light is bust and dims all tail lights at night so the 'brake' stands out. Very clever

So I think it is simply a failed bulb. So I've ordered one online as, of course, no car parts shops are open :-( MInd you I see no chance of my driving the car anywhere even with all lights working

I guess changing the bulb will count as my allowed 30 mins outside the house!

N

1 - 4 of 4 Posts