Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having problems with my accumulator (I think.) The brakes seem pretty hard to push down to get the car to stop. I have read up some on the '93 9000 brake system and it says there is a system that pumps up about 2000psi of pressure to assist braking. After about 10 pushes or so the motor pumps the pressure back up to keep assisting. I think I might have a problem with the pump (the accumulator?) When I first start driving the car it seems alright, but after a while it becomes hard to push down. I did the test on thesaabsite.com (turn car on, get the brake motor running and then once it stops, press the brakes hard/repeatedly for 10 times and if the brake fluid/anti-lock lights come on before 8 pushes, the accumulator is going bad.) Mine came after about 6 or 7 pushes. The accumulator sells for $245 on theSaabsite.com. Is there more to the piece that I would need? I found other places selling them for about $350-$380 ($360 on average). I did a search here and I found people paying over 1000GBP for them, that's why I'm wondering if there is more to be done. I do not have to bring it somewhere to be done as we can do it here. Thank you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
The prices you quote sound very low for a new accumulator. My Saab agent quoted me well over £1000 for the part alone, plus four hours of labour to fit it.

I managed to pick up a second-hand unit from 'Two Stroke to Turbo' for £500, including parts and labour. That's just under $900 at today's exchange rates, for whatever it's worth. They have guaranteed the work for three months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.