Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the day off sick today (bad back), so as my shiney elkparts package arrived, I decided to replace the balljoints on the Carlsson (MOT failure). See www.saabs.info soon for that.

While I was going to be down there I thought I'd also do the Carly's Front front wishbone mounts in poly. Glad I did as this is what I found on the passenger side...

These are 2 of the ally L brackets holding the front of the wishbone to the subframe!!

Andrew

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi,
Previous reply went wrong.

I have just changed the front discs on my CSE. As I have got the Poly bushes and drop link bushes ready to change. I sprayed up ready the bolts for next week. I noticed the Off side Aluminium brackets appear to be disintergrating!

What effect does this have on the car steering etc.

Are they expensive? Are SAAB or Elk parts best.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I would offer that it's not noticable but they're very cheap. Get yourself a set of four because if you're removing the wishbone and can see that they're disintegrating, you'll be a bit stuffed if you take it off and they fall apart or need to be cut off like mine did.

David.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by max:
[qb]Hi,
  Previous reply went wrong.

I have just changed the front discs on my CSE. As I have got the Poly bushes and drop link bushes ready to change. I sprayed up ready the bolts for next week. I noticed the Off side Aluminium brackets appear to be disintergrating!

What effect does this have on the car steering etc.

Are they expensive? Are SAAB or Elk  parts best. [/qb][/b]
I all honesty, if the bolts are tight them you will notice little difference when they are broken.

What will happen is the wishbone will be a free to move forward/backwards a little more than normal and allow a wandery feel under accel or braking.

I bought off saab as they were close and in stock (at about £7.00 each in vat).

Andrew

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
FYI alternative ones are half that price although it still isn't that expensive and better to buy them and do the job properly than get half way through with suspension bits all over the floor and no replacements on hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.