Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the rear anti roll bar(from chassis to antroll bar). Its got a rubber bush in the centre to create a 'hinge' like movement. What is the price of these, and where do I purchase them?
I have them off the carly, they are not good (rubber bush in centre is almost gone!) I have a couple on the old 2.3i I have. These seem better, but they are stuck fast. They are attached to the chassis by 2x 13mm bolts. These are spinning around not slackening. Any easy ways to get the bolts off? Or can i just replace the rubber bush in the centre? ow?and again where do I purchase(eurocar parts do not seem to do them......)
I thank you!
Ps the carly has 19mm antiroll bar on rear.....silicon here I come............

·
Registered
330 Posts
Paul,
The bolts should be attached by a bar between both
so,in theory
,they should not rotate when u take the nuts off. From what i can see looks like u may have to go in via the boot area (deep joy), also looks like they have superceeded the original parts + u may need some additional parts,costs about £100 per side
acorrding to my dealer these aren't common,so i would guess most MOT stations dont know they are there.
never known anyone who has replaced the bushes on their own
G.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was very suprised the MOT guy pulled me...although I have one side off the carly, and just this morning I got my angle grinder on and got the same side off the 2.3i. They have exactly the same bolt pattern, and they appear to be same height, but the carly ones are slightly thicker. I think they shouyld fit though. The difference is marked with the bushes though. The carly ones move in every direction-they are very very gone(and the rubber is split and cracked)...but the 2.3i one only moves in the direction it should!!!!
Hopefully theyt will fit!Fingers crossed. Then I have to do the other side.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.