Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
The simple answer is no because it will upset the A/F ratio on idle and possibly lead to stalling between gear changes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No it won't work on cars with air mass meter as Mark E described..But if you are after the sound, why not install an Mistubishi EVO6 BPV on your car, even though it's a BPV it makes a nice sound

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I actually rather like the sound of the stocker BPV on the Viggen with an open air filter. Makes a nice, but not offensive, whoosh when you change gears. Enough to make people on the side of the road look twice if they're listening, but not enough to alert the fuzz.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
darn... thanks for the help anyways! right now i'm going for the sound, but is it better to have a BOV if you're running more than 14psi of boost? i read somewhere that you can damage your turbocharger if you're running that much boost with a bypass valve....

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by mind in gutter:
[qb]i read somewhere that you can damage your turbocharger if you're running that much boost with a bypass valve.... [/qb][/b]
My turbo must be in a right state - I've been running 23-24psi for over a year with a bypass valve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts