Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

BPV, Slough

Tags
bpv slough
10K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  tonysimper 
#1 ·
Took my LPG900 to BPV in Slough yesterday. I have to admit I had slight reservations - my previous experience with them was pretty average. But this time they were excellent, so I think it's worth recording.

The car had been intermittently cutting out on LPG. Booked into BPV, dropped off yesterday morning, and they gave me an old 9000 CDE as a courtesy car - no complaints there. Anyway, they called back yesterday afternoon, apparently the fault was something really simple to do with the vapouriser not getting enough water.

Picked the car up again this morning and sure enough it's fixed, it drove from Slough to Staines and then home to Twickers with none of the previous stalling problems. And the best bit - they only charged me 45 minutes labour

Cheers

James

#4 ·
I've been using BPV for my wife's old GM900 2.0 non-turbo and they've always done an excellent job - that coupled with very reasonable labour rates (I think about £35-£40 per hour) means we keep going back.

I always borrow one of their old 9000 courtesy cars as well which is quite fun.

#5 ·
Absolutely rubbish. After reading some great reviews about BVP Slough I went to them for my SAAB 9-3 Diesel. It was not starting; they kept the car for about four weeks, finally changed the fuel pump and two injectors (All Second hand) and got it started. They charged me the price of new pump £450.00(ex VAT) instead of second hand pump price and guess what I was charged £900.00(Ex VAT) just for fault finding (Labour). Disgusted by the fact that either I will pay £1580.00(ex VAT) or give them the key (Blackmailers). I should have agreed Labour (or diagnostic price) before hand but it was too late now. BECAREFULL when dealing with them, always get price agreed before work or be prepared to be ripped off. I will not certainly recommend them to anyone.

(On their website they mentioned about free delivery and collection or courtesy car off course that was wrong as well. Even after charging so much money they refused to deliver the car within 7 Miles radius.)

#6 ·
Here's the reply from BPV, I think it's worth quoting to see the other side. I don't often do this but I think you should be answered :-

"In response to KLD's review. I am sorry you feel this was unfair however to balance the story its only fair to hear facts and not opinions.

The car was brought to us as a Non-runner having been brought from a Car Auction, the car had been taken to several different garages who could not resolve the issues he states in his review. The car was not his and he is a car trader that was the reason it could be left with us for this prolonged period. Firstly we had to sort out and trace the corroded cables across the front of the car. Once we had done this we had to work out what the cause of no fuel pressure was. We then sourced a suitable replacement for the fuel pump which was a second hand part, this was then changed. Once we had fuel pressure we then found that 2 of the injectors were not working. We then removed the 2 injectors that were corroded solid in the head, which takes considerable amount of time. Then we sourced 2 second hand injectors for this as per instructions from the client as he did not want to spend out on new parts (this is fairly common). The customer was kept up to date as we worked through the problems as to the costs involved (we always try to inform the customer of any increase in charge during our work we are carrying out. However with a car in this state it can be somewhat difficult to predict just how much it will total). When we told the customer the final bill he said that was as much as he had paid for the car at the auction. We then pointed out to him that this was probably why it was at an auction – We then offered to keep the car if he was unwilling to pay the bill as payment for the work and parts – we did not intend this to be conceived as blackmail. The reason he wanted us to deliver it was the car had NO Tax and he was unable to drive it legally, which we did say we would do by for a Fee of £25 as he wanted to take advantage of our trade plates. In actual fact we spend near on 3 times as long as we charged for labour on this job. We are a family run business and pride ourselves on word of mouth. Its never benificial for us to try to rip someone off.

We have many reviews online with the majority being very positive."

I think I know which recollection is rubbish. (I have no links to BPV, just a Saab owner who values objective reviews).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.