Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have read good things on these boards about running a CSE 2.3FPT on Shell Optimax, but has anyone tried BP Ultimate Unleaded? The BP garage is a lot closer than Shell you see..

Cheers

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ah forget plus points, you get Nectar points with BP
I have tried the fuel a couple of times and it is definitely more "consistent" than Shells products. The main drawback I had was that it was 10p a litre more than the unleaded

Anyway it was good, I felt the car was much smoother and much less reluctant for the APC to back off the boost. One of the best
upgrades on a standard car.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
necter points naaaaaahhhh..
her indoors gets them
plus points are all mine.....

they say because optimax is an additive it settles out through time while ultimate does not...

does any one know what the difference is ?

edited for carp speeling

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I run BP Ultimate all the time now, because the BP garage is my nearest filling station whereas the nearest Shell garage is about 11 miles away. Optimax gives the most noticeable "instant" performance boost, but over time the cars performance seems to improve by using BP Ultimate. This may be due to the cleaning agents in Ultimate "freeing up" the engine to some degree.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have to say that despite bp ultimate being 97 ron against optimax's 98, my car definitely feels more consistently sprightly on ultimate than optimax. Some optimax is good but other times I could swear they are just putting regular 95 in there and selling it at an inflated price.

Seeya, Jules

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.