Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've done the deal pick up another MY96 9000 2.3T 5sp CSE with cruise and 94k miles for a little over 3k on Saturday. Not too bad I thought. Needs interior mirror, one rear electric window switch and a small dent in the rear nearside door fixing. Oh dealer thought the car was a 2.3ECO, so did I until I noticed the boost gauge

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Um yes room is a problem, now have a 9000 Carlsson and 900T8v surplus to requirements. Finance, thats tight too, still two 9000 2.3Ts (1996) both approx 95k miles with FSH for a similar amount as I paid for our '89 T16S convertible two years ago, just shows what good value the 9000 is.
Only problem will be remembering if I'm driving an auto or a manual as both CSEs have same buffalo interior!
I was really surprised how much 9000s can be picked up for if you are prepared to be cheeky - almost £2k was knocked off the original asking price for this last one. Both bought for £800ish below trade price

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
All this talk of buying new cars makes me think .... hang on a minute, shouldn't we be continuing this conversation in the car park ?

Hmmm. Maybe if we whisper nobody will hear us here.

(Whispers)As I was saying, I've now bitten the bullet and am transferring the 900 (My84) to my daughter. She's 19 so the insurance will be £600 TPF&T on a car worth £300, but the peace of mind will be worth it.

That then leaves just my wife as a non-Saab driver. She enjoys her Vauxhall Tigra and I must admit it is a fun little thing, a rorty-torty car & very nippy. A real "girlie" car. But again, there's just not enough of it for when the other bloke hits you. So I'll be pushing her to let it go and then perhaps try and find a Ruby or other late model 900.

I'm off to the car park now to talk about an online Saabscene magazine. Care to join me ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.