Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it for cheap. Found a few issues along the way and need some help. Quick and to the point.

Location?
Engine Coolant Temperature Sender was just hanging loose, tied to the front of the intake tube. Haven't been able to find a good picture of its intended location. This is not the one that goes in the side of the head. That one is in place and connected. I believe this one is supposed to be in the intake manifold somewhere but I can't find the location.

Connector?
The air intake temperature sensor did not have the wire connected and I can't seem to find it. Where does the connector /wire trace back to?

Rusty Nut
Can't get this last nut removed from the exhaust-to-turbo flange. It appears to have been rounded off so wrenches don't work. Tight spacing makes sockets/drivers, wrenches, vice grips, etc. useless. Not enough space for hack saw. Any ideas???

Oil-Filled Intercooler
Since the turbo was completely blown, motor oil was pumped into the intercooler. It was full. I was able to tip the air inlet hose down to drain much of it, but I would like to remove the intercooler to clean it thoroughly. The head of the clamp sheered off. Since it's integrated with the hose, I'll have to replace it but still need to get it off.

Intercooler Removal
The Haynes manual seems to indicate the intercooler can be removed without removing the front bumper. I have to question that idea. Thoughts?

Ignition Coil Pack
The base of the coil pack has a crack in it. I removed it in order to seal it with epoxy or sealant but noticed a component inside also cracked. Is the coil pack likely toast because of this?

Thanks for any help. Additional tips and watch-out-fors are welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That one exhaust nut was a PITA. Probably 6 hours of unproductive labor and a few trips to the store for tools before finally getting the turbo out.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Intercooler comes out with front bumper removed
Jubilee Clio on intercooler hose ,hacksaw job .
Replace intercooler as it's full of oil and flushing requires something like petrol
But you just cannot tip the content down a drain
Coolant temperature plug normally either resides on the radiator or head there should be a sensor somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts