Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 95 sedan and I cant open the boot with the remote control or the switch drivers door.
I opened it by climbing through the back seat and removing the trim. I tested the actuator on a battery and it looks like it has a dead short, my test leads started to glow, there is also no power at the plug for the actuator when I push the switch, so I suspect something has blown or burnt out.
The rest of the central locking works ok, when I push the switch on the door I can hear something clicking, so something is working.
What module drives the boot release and where is it located in the car?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also can I fit an earlier tail light with a key to give me access to the boot using a key

With thanks

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
You will very likely have broken wires in the conduit that runs on the left side of the boot.
It stresses and flexes when you open close the boot and wires are a bit short.
If you open the boot you will see it under the left scissor hinge.
Carefully open it up and you will find a few broken wires inside...not a lot of room to work but it is a very
common problem on the 9-5 and an easy fix to splice in the breaks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, I read about the issue so I checked for power at the connector in the boot and I cant find power there, that is why I suspect the dead short in the lock actuator has taken something out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts