Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks.

I'm tinkering with my 2001 Saab 9-3 convertible one job at a time.
Next up, I have to get the trunk/boot release door button to work. I can hear a click from the centre panel near the window buttons when I press it. A solenoid perhaps or maybe something mechanical has come loose.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,693 Posts
tully,

I seem to remember that the key in the boot lid works via the solenoid so if you get the 'whirring' noise when you use the key then it is working OK. Next would be to check if you are getting voltage at the wire coming from the door button at the lock mechanism. Also the Cabrios have additional software inhibiting boot operation when the roof is open and the ignition off to prevent theft from the car when it is parked with the roof open. Might be a problem there.

Paul @ Kippen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul
I don't think there is a whirring noise when I open the boot with the key so perhaps the solenoid is at fault.
Do you where the solenoid is located/which number it is?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Paul
I don't think there is a whirring noise when I open the boot with the key so perhaps the solenoid is at fault.
Do you where the solenoid is located/which number it is?

Thanks
PS... also when I took the boot lining off to expose the mechanism, there is a microswitch attached to the boot key cylinder. It doesn't make a whirring noise when activated and I took everything apart and gave all electrics a good squirt of WD40.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The boot release relay is supposed to be C2 in the above relay box but I don't have one in the location shown near the steering column.
Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts