Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just about sorted the route to take for the vacuum pipe (9000 BTW), and the electrics but I am having trouble with actually fitting the gauge into the pod.

I have attached a picture of the three items and cannot get them to fit. I assume that the little bracket (left of the picture) attaches to the boost gauge, then I believe secures the gauge in the pod. Could be wrong! Any suggestions?

Pod is the correct size BTW!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Scotty Mc - if you are using a pod then you can discard the U-shaped bracket - this is only used when mounting to a DIN panel or similar.

The gauge should just push into the pod.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
You might find you need to put a layer or two of insulation tape around the front of the gauge to make it a snug push fit in to the pod- I have on mine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent stuff! It's just it came with the kit, I've lost the instructions and thought I'd best ask!

My Dad and I have opened our own discussion forum today, so to speak regarding wiring the gauge in. Any suggestions for the easiest and quickest way to wire it in?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I took my power from the back of the rheostat (just find whichever wire has voltage that changes with the rheostat position, took about 10 seconds with my digital voltmeter.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi all,
You may want to think about a different pod, I fitted this reasently as I wanted the un-cluttered look....just an idea.
The oil pressure gauge is going in this week!!!
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TAAkA6cWSGKo*Q5ALVOQJyVsAUn*sQssHhCpzTjT2g2AOOQW1y9m1tIiwgNXHyTegq6IhGGAwDQOvOL
huSwuEOQdt4ICt4*X3sqSc!1T8t1qhhQ3fhtNg/Picture%20064.jpg?dc=4675494668750961007

Cheers Jim.

·
Registered
836 Posts
After 11 months wedged on top of the dash, the boost gauge finally got fitted properly. Thanks to Jim67 for the paint code, I agree, Ford cameo beige is a good match for 9-5 A-pillars! Halfords sell it too, I was amazed at the selection of beige car paints - must be a lot of grim looking vehicles out there

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi SJ,
Glad I could be of help, the paint was a bit of a nightmare to be honest, I was saying it was beige I needed and my other half was saying "you must be colour blind its grey!!!" Like Luke Skywalker I let go my feelings and went for the beige!! but the touble is that that paint has such a slow turn-around on the shelves that the paint wouldnt spray right (leaking and dripping every where. Exchanged that can and the second was the same but managed to get 3 good coats on before I lobbed it at the dust bin !!!
Got to agree with you it is a [expletive deleted] colour for a car !!!!
Cheers Jim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts