Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just installed a boost guage into my '87 9000T and discovered that my base boost is about 3 PSI.. and my full pressure (with modded APC) is about 10-12 PSI (depending on how hot the engine is.. the hotter the engine, the lower the boost) Also, im only running 91 ULP, so when i do manage to hit the "top" boost ( i know it can go higher from when i was running 98 RON) almost instantly it drops to 8 PSI... anyone got any cheap ways for me to be able to keep boost high, and also, what is the base boost supposed to be?

Thanks for your help in adavnce.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried adjusting the base boost.. the adjustment nut was seized.. ahh well..
it seems that the turbo was overhauled before i bought the car.. i was not told that this had been done, but with 270,000 KMs on it, and the turbo having no shaft play at all, i guess that it was... also explains the base boost being set too low...

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Don't worry, the shaft on mine is siezed (and nearly rusted through).

What I have done is pack 3 washers between the wastgate mounting plate and turbo inlet housing this moving the whole lot 4mm to the right (equiv to shorting the rod by 4mm)

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.