Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm looking at getting a boost guage from Elkparts and was just wondering how easy it is to feed the pipe through the cars bulkhead (from engine to cabin)?

Also, where have you guys mounted yours and did you use the mounting pod that Elkparts sell?

And......(sorry) they do two, one that guages to 1.5 bar and one that guages to 2.2 bar. Both at the same price, so which do I get?

Thanks for all the halp as usual..

Ant

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Unless you're planning on running more than 1.5 bar boost, I'd get the 1.5 bar gauge as the scale will be easier to read. If you get the 2.2 bar gauge, the part of the scale you use will be cramped into the lower 2/3 of the scale.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Ant,

On FPT cars that already have boost gauges, the easiest way is to tee off the pipe to the dash gauge behind the instrument cluster.

Getting through the firewall/bulkhead is hard work on 9000s. However, if you remove the glovebox you will see behind it in the top right corner a white plastic nipple that goes through in to the aquarium. You can attach hose to each side of this.

(for LPTs)You should then have a spare capped stub on the inlet manifold that you can fit the hose to.

Unless you're going for very high levels of tuning, 1.5 bar should be more than adequate.

I fixed my pod slightly to the left of the RHS speaker grille with the same sort of doubled sided tape used for attaching number plates.

Having said that
, I'm about to fit an A-Pillar pod as I'm addding a "real" water temp gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.