Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently aquired my fist turbo Saab, (1997 9000cs 2.0 LPT) and am having fun winding up the turbo when I get the chance. There is no boost gauge on this model. I don't suppose its a big job to fit one (tube from the pressurised side of induction) but could do with some ideas as to were to source components. I seem to remember early 99s had a binical mounted gauge as opposed to mounted indash are these obtainable anywhere ?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I guess you have two options: Fit a separate gauge from someone like Demon Tweeks, or replace your instrument panel with one from a full-turbo 9000.

I chose the latter route when I fitted a gauge to my 900. But unless you tweak the engine at the same time (as I did) then the gauge will hardly register the LPT's boost levels.

James

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info James. My intent in fitting a gauge is so that I can monitor the effect of various mods. I was thinking of having a go at fitting a bleed valve although I haven't found anywhere yet that has heard of them ! I don't fancy fitting a replacement instrument cluster so I suppose I'm looking for a 'bolt on' boost gauge and a bleed valve....things that can be removed after the fun !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts